EP 27 Clip 3: First Case Perioperative Podcast w/ Melanie Perry
There is a lack of platforms where healthcare workers can communicate about the struggles, wins, and comedic aspects of their very important jobs.
In this week’s episode of Clean Talk Podcast, Melanie Perry, BSN, RN, CNOR, CSSM, the creator of The Circulating Life, and the Co-Host and Social Media Manager for First Case, will be joining us to reveal how she built a community where her and other healthcare heroes can share their experiences and learn from one another. Don’t miss out on a range of topics including:
– Melanie’s background in nursing
– Her challenges and experiences transitioning to a surgery center
– How she moved up the ladder after transitioning to the surgery center
– What being promoted to the manager of the OR entailed and what she observed
– What led her to creating a social media group for nurses
– What were the benefits of the growing social group
– Defining “The Circulating Life”
– How Melanie became a part of the Beyond Clean podcast platform
– Her mission for creating a platform for healthcare professionals
– What to expect in the future
Melanie Perry, BSN, RN, CNOR, CSSM, is the creator of The Circulating Life, Co-Host and Social Media Manager for First Case, and the Perioperative Clinical Manager for Beyond Clean. Melanie graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2002 with a BSN and has worked in Neonatal ICU, OB/GYN, Med-Surg, Pain Management, and the Operating Room. She has held many positions in the Operating Room including Circulator, Team Lead, Charge Nurse, and OR Manager and believes that education is the why behind her passion for the Operating Room. Melanie also enjoys spending time with her husband and three children outside of work.
Be a Member of Our Community: https://cleantalk.online