EP 39 Clip 1: About Marc-Oliver Wright w/ Marc-Oliver Wright
In this week’s episode of Clean Talk, Marc-Oliver Wright, Clinical Science Liaison at PDI Central Region, joins us to reveal what’s NEXT for infection prevention!
Tune in to hear about a range of topics including:
• Marc-Oliver Wright’s background and how he got to where he is today
• PDI’s mission & services
• Marc-Oliver Wright’s contributions to PDI and the infection prevention community
• What does a “layered” approach to infection prevention look like?
• How layered approaches to infection prevention benefit healthcare organizations
• What is supplemental disinfection and what does it encompass
• PDI’s layered approach to infection control
• Emerging technologies on the landscape for improving sanitization in healthcare
Marc wanted to be an epidemiologist as a teenager and was first introduced to infection prevention when he performed DNA fingerprinting of multi-drug resistant organisms for research activities, surveillance and outbreak investigations while in graduate school.
He became an infection preventionist, a research epidemiologist and ultimately a corporate director of infection prevention and quality for a multi- hospital system. Marc served APIC at the local and national level, has published over 50 articles and served on the editorial board of the American Journal of Infection Control for a decade.
Marc now serves as PDI’s Clinical Science Liaison (CSL), for the Central Region-14 states across the Midwest.
Clean Talk Registration: https://cleantalk.online