EP 44 Clip 1: About Madelaine Cuevas w/ Madelaine Cuevas
In this week’s episode of Clean Talk, Madelaine Cuevas, Infection Control and ICU Nurse at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente, joins us to share her expertise and knowledge around infection control.
Tune in to hear about a range of topics including:
• Madelaine’s background and what brought her to where she is today
• About Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
• About Kaiser Permanente
• How being an ICU nurse helps implement infection prevention protocols
• Experiences in the HAI Taskforce Committee combatting C-Diff and other infections
• How Madelaine & her team were able to reduce C-Diff to 0% at O’Connor Hospital
• What Madelaine & her team are doing in Santa Clara Valley to improve C-Diff numbers
• Useful Applications for UV Light in patient rooms
• The mission to improve hand hygiene at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
• Empowering nurses and staff with contests, prizes, resources, and education
• What to expect in the future for infection control
Madelaine Cuevas has been a nurse for more than 12 years. She started her career in the Philippines in 2007 as a Medical/Surgical nurse. She then moved to Saudi Arabia in 2009 and began her career as an ICU nurse. In 2013, she moved to the USA, where she continued her career as a nurse.
In April 2020, Madelaine’s career as an infection prevention nurse started as she was hired as an extra help infection prevention nurse by the previous infection prevention nurse in the facility. In that role, she got to really see and understand what infection prevention nurses do. In September 2020, Madelaine transitioned from being an extra help nurse to a full-time infection control nurse.
Clean Talk Registration: https://cleantalk.online